Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pradhan Pradhan is offline

Default vlookup doesn't work consistently (I think), kindly help

I am using VLOOKUP() to pull out a column value from a range of data. Here is
the problem:
When I use this fn on the same page as the referenced range, it works fine.
For example,
=VLOOKUP(L2,A2:I18,5) looks up the value in L2, finds it in the first column
and returns the 5th column data... BUT

=VLOOKUP(G6,'Master Prep List'!A2:I18,5) where G6 represents a value found
in the same range on a different worksheet, here Master Prep List, returns
#N/A.

This does not seem correct to me, unless I am not using the fn correctly,
which is always a possibility. I am using Excel 2007,

Any help/insight would be appreciated.