Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I Bob I is offline

Default One File Per Window

Perhaps if you just used the View side by side feature, you could save
"all the messing around"

shollomon wrote:

I know I can view multiple files in a singe Excel window, but I want to just
click on a file in windws explorer and have Excel open a new window and
arange them on my desktop, without having to resize the excel window so its
big enough to see both files and then mess with arranging the child windows.
This method probably works fine for people who work wiht excel maximized. I
seldom if ever do.

I understand now that Excel is not designed to work the way I want. Thanks.