Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default days count between different date format

Hi,

In a spare column, use the ISNUMBER() function on the date. Then filter the
column to display all FALSE values. Now select the date column and go to
Data Text to columns. Select the date format under "Date" radio button.
this will convert all the text values to dates.

This solution assumes that all the non dates are in one format.

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"David" wrote in message
I try to count the # of days in each row between two columns but each
field
has different format. Some cells are in Date Format and some are in Text
format. How can I setup a formula to count the number of days? I got the
#NUM! when I used =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"D")+1.