Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Reggie D.[_2_] Reggie D.[_2_] is offline

Default Excel 2007 backward compatability?

Shane,
Thx the quick response. Pardon my ignorance but are there ant Office edition
between 2003 and 2007 that might not be solved by the converter you suggest
nas what does the xlsx signify as opposed to the simple xls?

Reggie D.

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi,

Microsoft provides a free converter for the 2003 users:

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Reggie D." wrote:

My old EXCEL spreadsheets are being saved as .xlsx which cannot be openened
when emailed to another PC using an earlier edition of Office. As there are
no help files in the new 2007 Office suite I am at a loss to solve the
problem myself. Can anyone help please?