Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default conditional formatting text warning and color change

OK, I'm not following you on this.

What cells do you want to apply the conditional formatting to? What
condition is to be used to apply the formatting?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"tcek" wrote in message
The reference cell is not in the merged cell range. I am having difficulty
with the formula triggering any type of response in the merged cells. The
conditional formatting is programmed in the merge cells. I was wondering
if
my formula was incorrect since i was getting no conditional formatting at
all.

As of now the formula does not return any text when the condition is met.
the example formula, a15 is not in the merged cell.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Let's see if we have this straight.

Some cell (merged cells) contains this formula:

if(a15<0.02,"Enter new text","")

When the formula returns "Enter new text" you want the conditional
formatting to be applied.

If that's what you want try this:

Select the cell (merged cells)
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Select the Formula Is option
Enter this formula in the box on the right:

=cell_ref="Enter new text"

If you're using merged cells then cell_ref is the top left cell of the
merged cells. For example, suppose the merged cells are C10:D12. Then
cell_ref is C10:

=C10="Enter new text"

Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"tcek" wrote in message
i would like to have a merged cell display message "X" when the
different
cell value is exceeded. I have tried conditional formatting and still
the
merged cell displays nothing.
Formula
if(a15<0.02,"Enter new text",""). Pattern of yellow and font of red
chosen.

No results when entered. please advise if above forumula is correct.