Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
shollomon shollomon is offline

Default One File Per Window

I am running Vista SP1 and Excel 2007 fully updated.

Currently when I have one spreadsheet open and then open another from the
Excel menu or by clicking on a file icon, excel opens the second file in the
same window the first file was in. I don't want that, it drives me crazy. I
expect programs to open a new window per file I have open. I want them open
on my desktop simultaneously so I can compare numbers between sheets.

Googling the question give lots of suggestions for people running XP and
older versions of Office but none for my situation (that I can find). How can
I make excel behave the way I wish?