Gord Dibben

Are you trying to open from a floppy or CD?

Copy it to your hard drive first.

Did you perhaps open it in Word and save?

Word would have saved it Word format. If that's the case, open it in Word and
try to copy whatever you can to a new Excel workbook.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:31:02 -0700, "ajojoel" wrote:

I have an excel workbook I use for important bank information. I last used
it yesterday. It is password-protected and I have had no previous problems.
Today, when I tried to open it I received a message: cannot read file! I
can't open my workbook and it will be costly to recreate the information.
Does anyone have a suggestion for opening my file?