Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default dates

Not a question of Excel settings but of Windows regional settings (through
the Control Panel).
Change them to something which expects a date as 22.08.2008 and the when you
import 22.08.2008 00:25:00
it will be recognised as date and time, rather than as text.
--
David Biddulph

"Duane" wrote in message
I have a date and time. I need it to show up as a date and it is not. I
have it imported from another program as:

22.08.2008 00:25:00

If I change the .08. to aug, it works. I can use "replace" and it all
works. But the months will change. I think it is a format thing. My
excel
is set to english US. Is that something to do with it?

Thanks for any input.