Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default dates

Hi Duane

In an adjoining column
=--SUBSTITUTE(A1,".","/")
copy down as far as required.

To "fix" the data, copy your new columnPaste SpecialValues
Format the column to whatever date format you prefer.
You can then delete the original imported column.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Duane" wrote in message
I have a date and time. I need it to show up as a date and it is not. I
have it imported from another program as:

22.08.2008 00:25:00

If I change the .08. to aug, it works. I can use "replace" and it all
works. But the months will change. I think it is a format thing. My
excel
is set to english US. Is that something to do with it?

Thanks for any input.