Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default How to paste to alternating columns?

Fire this from the DESTINATION workbook

Sub gettablefromsource()
'copies
Workbooks("sourcebook.xls").Sheets("sheet1") _
..Columns("b5:g50").Copy Range("a1")

'inserts cols
For i = Cells(1, Columns.Count) _
..End(xlToLeft).Column To 2 Step -1
Columns(i).Insert
Next i

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

wrote in message
I would greatly appreciate your help with a project I doing at work. I
checked the group and can't find any posts on it. Here's the scenario:

1. You have two separate workbooks.

2. You go to Worksheet A in Workbook 1 and select/copy some numerical
data in a table. The selected range covers 6 columns, say cells B5
through G50.

3. Then, you go to Worksheet A in Workbook 2 and paste the data into a
similar table, selecting the upper left cell in the table and then
selecting "paste." Simple, right? Here's the problem:

When you paste the data into the table in Workbook 2, you want to
paste it into every OTHER column in that table. Thus, after you paste
it, you'll see the 6 columns of the original table, with a blank
column to the right of each one. How do I do this? Please reply to
the newsgroup.

Many thanks,
Ron M.