tiw

Thank you, it worked nicely.
Thalia

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

oh and replace SUM with AVERAGE

--

HTH

RP

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

=IF(WEEKDAY(A20,1)=7,SUM(B20:OFFSET(B20,-6,0)),"")

but what happens if the Saturday date doesn't have 6 days above?

--

HTH

RP

"tiw" wrote in message
Hi, please someone help me!
I have a colums with dates, all are consecutive days. I formatted it

display the days of the week and date ( Tuesday, April 19, 2005) I have
another column where I want to calculate weekly average from the first

day
of
the week, sunday, to the last saturday. So in this column I want to

write
conditional formula that if the date column in the same row is saturday

then
calculate the average for seven days above including saturday if not the
display a blank. I'm trying to use =if( ) function but I don't know hor

tell the program to recognize if the date is saturday. Please help me.

Thank
you
Thalia