Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Juan Juan is offline

Default Locking Chart Area

Thank you for your reply and my apologies I am using Excel 2007. I'm looking
to stop the Chart Area from being moved or resized and not concerned about
being able to edit it or delete it.

Thanks!

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi,

Assuming you are in 2003 or earlier, when you choose Tools, Protection,
Protect Sheet, make sure to uncheck Edit Objects before you click OK.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Juan" wrote:

Hi,
If i insert a chart sheet into an excel workbook I get a Chart sheet and on
top of it is a Chart Area that can be moved and resized. My Question is how
do I lock the Chart Area from being moved or resized? I've tried setting the
locked property on the Chart Area, Protecting the workbook, through the
interface and through VBA with no luck. What am i missing here?

Thanks,