Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Excel Drop down

You can create named ranges, as described he

http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

Then, use those names in the data validation drop downs, as described he

piper wrote:
I have now completed the set up as you suggested and used the template. I
now have an Input form, Dtasheet and Lookuplist. Please can you advise how I
can add new itemes to the lookuplist I have 3 columns in the lookuplist sheet
a, b and C and need to know how I can add items so as they will show on the
drop down lists in the input form. Your kind help would be very much
appreciated

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Dave Peterson has written some instructions for storing entered data:

http://www.contextures.com/xlForm02.html

piper wrote:

Completed that. Now is there a way for me to enter data from the drop down
boxes and save it somewhere and when I click a save button or something it
goes into another spreadsheet and clears the form ready for the next entry,
therefore giving me a completed list of entries for the day on a seperate
spreadsheet?

"Carim" wrote:

Hi,

Two steps :
1. Insert Name Define for your validation list ( say YourListName)
2. Data Validation Allow ... select List, and in the Source field,
just type in
= YourListName

Do not forget the equal sign before the name you have picked ...

HTH

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures