JulieD

you're welcome ... sounds like you've got yourself another project :)

--

"Gary H" wrote in message
. ..
Hi Julie, hope all is well!

As always, thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated!

Have a great day!

Gary

"JulieD" wrote in message
Hi Gary

in an adjacent column use the formula
=SUBSTITUTE(RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-SEARCH(" ",A1))," ","")
where A1 is the first cell containing the sports players and their
numbers
the fill down the column.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"Gary H" wrote in message
. ..
Hey all, I'm running Excel 2000, and would like to know how to do
something...

Basically I have a list of sports players and their number, formatted

like
this..

20 Firstname Lastname
9 Firstname Lastname

Somehow I need to take the number out all together, and then I need to
concatenate the firstname with the lastname, so it's formatted as:

FirstnameLastname

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Gary