Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nikki0195 Nikki0195 is offline

Default Finding amounts that sum to a number

I have a LARGE spreadsheet of items that I am trying to reconcile for an
entire month range. The issue that I am having - the bank statement may show
one amount ($1,000), where the spreadsheet may have 4 random amounts that
equal $1,000. I need to be able to find the items that equal a specified
number without having to manually add up several amounts and hope for a
match. Any suggestions? I have tried Conditional Formatting, Conditional
Sum, and the Solver add-in. None of these will give me what I need -
considering that I have about 400 items in a month.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this!