Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John C[_2_] John C[_2_] is offline

Default Warning Message (at open) if Multiple Sheets are Selected

you could just have vba code that when you open the workbook always goes to a
specific tab, then you wouldn't have to worry about whether or not multiple
tabs were selected.
--
John C

"Dave" wrote:

Is there a macro/code that will warn me when multiple sheets are selected
when I open a file? A lot of my files have 10+ tabs with long names so I
don't necessarily see all of the active tabs. So if I happened to save the
file with multiple tabs selected and then reopen it and start working
(without checking), I overwrite information I didn't intend to overwrite. I
have seen the msgbox activewindow.selectedsheets.count code but I don't know
where to put it in VB.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks