Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KimPotter KimPotter is offline

Default Inserting/Deleting Columns in Tables

I am playing around with inserting/deleting columns in a table, but I also
have data in columns to the right of my table.

When I use the "Insert, Table column to the left" command, the rows of data
immediately across from the table are shifted to the right. Rows of data that
extend below the table area are left in place. This creates unbalanced
columns of data.

However, if I simply click on a column, right click and insert a column, it
achieves a better result, which is EVERYTHING to the right of my table is
shifted to the right, not just the rows across from the table.\

I "thought" that you were able to add/delete rows & columns in a table
without disturbing other data. I am able to delete/insert rows in my table
without disturbing the adjacent data, why isn't this true for columns?