Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nativeutah nativeutah is offline

Default conditional formatting

I tried this and I still can't get it to work, my review date is in column d,
I used conditonal formatting - cell value is - less than - then I tried
=DateValue("11/1/08")A1 but it turn my whole column red, I only want dates
that are lower than 11/108 to turn red.

"Joel" wrote:

Youneeed to compare two serialdates with each other like below. DateValue()
will convert you string date "11/1/08" to a serialdate.

=TODAY()A1

or

=DateValue("11/1/08")A1

"nativeutah" wrote:

I am having trouble with the conditional formatting, I need to have the
review dates highlighted, if they are past due, I want to use the date of
11/1/08. do I need to have the whole column formated for dates then use
conditional formatting?

example

column a review date
employee name 12/1/08