Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Formula for adding sums

Assume the unique sites will be listed in O1 down, eg: Site X, Site Y, etc
Then you could use in P1: =SUMIF(B:B,O1,N:N)
Copy down

Suggest that you also tinker with a pivot table as well. Assume the top col
labels for cols B & N a Loc, Amt. In the wizard's Layout step, just drag n
drop Loc in ROW area and Amt in the DATA area for the desired results. The
pivot will give you both the uniques listing of all the sites in Loc and
their corresponding sums in Amt. You could also explore pivot charting
directly from the pivot. Just right-click on any cell in the pivot Pivot
Chart
--
Max
Singapore
"CMB" wrote:
I have multiple locations in column B ...B2:B1700 Site A, B, C, ...
In column N2:N1700 I have a number 0, 1, 2 3, 4 and so forth
Column B = Site X Column N= 0
Column B = Site X Column N= 0
Column B = Site X Column N= 1
Column B = Site U Column N= 4
Column B = Site U Column N= 1
I need to add the totals of Site X that equal 0, and Site X that equal 1
etc..
Site X has 3 0's, and Site X has 6, 1's ....
From this information I need to make a chart that shows the number per site
--
CMB