Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default Help on pv function

PS ....

On Oct 13, 1:16*pm, I wrote:
On Oct 13, 8:09*am, becky wrote:
Year Beginning Balance Ending Balance Total Paid
1 $125,000 11,810.24

[....]
Finally, I am not sure you fully understand the problem.
[....]
The first part of the problem is to figure out how many payments have
been made. *That is simply the total payments divided by the month
payment. *That becomes "nper" in your FV function expression.

Well, I guess that was obvious due to the first column of the table
("Year 1"); and it was probably obvious to you as well, evidenced by
your (mistaken) intent to use 984.19*12 for "pmt". I read too quickly
and was fooled by the 3rd-column title ("Ending" instead of
"Remaining" balance).

To reiterate, your mistake, in part, was the use of 20*12 for "nper"
instead of 12, as well as 984.19*12 "pmt" instead of 984.19, as I
explained.