Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mrajotte mrajotte is offline

Default Trying to pull up price for matching product?

Thank you!!! Worked like charm ...

So the issue was that I needed to add an IF function that said no matter
what C19 was [","], go to the look up function?

Thank you!!!

"John C" wrote:

Try:
E19:
=IF(C19="","",VLOOKUP(C19,$A$58:$B$97,2,FALSE))

Hope this helps.
--
John C

"mrajotte" wrote:

Hello ... I'm sure this is a very simple issue, but I just cant figure it out!

I am creating a purcahse order and have a list of product name. I want to
cell next to it to pull the associated price for that product name.

My data is listed as:

A B
58 name1 price1
59 name2 price2
60 name3 price3
61 name 4 price4
... 97 name40 price40

In cell C19 I have a list of all product names (A58 - A97), and in cell E19
I have the following formula:

=VLOOKUP("C19",A58:D97,4,FALSE)

I'm trying to have the formula be flexible and use ANY value it sees in C19
as the value to look up in the cells below, rather than telling it a specific
value to search for. Is this possible?

How can i get it to simply pull the associated price for the product
selected in the pull down list?

Thank you for any help!!
Michelle