Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike Mike is offline

Default Exporting MS Project Values into Excel

You could use a macro to do this
Sub hoursWorked()
'Macro to remove h
Const hoursColumn = "D" 'Change to your needs
Dim iRow As Long
iRow = 2
Do While Len(Range(hoursColumn & iRow).Formula) 0
Range(hoursColumn & iRow).Value = Replace(Range(hoursColumn &
iRow).Value, "h", "")
iRow = iRow + 1
Loop
End Sub

"Paul Peterson - Velox Consulting, LLC" wrote:

I am exporting the "Actual Work" values from MS Project into an excel
worksheet. Unfortunately, 40 hours is stored as "40h" in excel which makes
it impossible to use for calculations. I would like some automatic way of
making sure this value is always 40 (rather than 40h) - I don't want to
manually manipulate my excel file. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Paul C. Peterson.