Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to extract text when it's included in the format?

Can you describe what you mean by "I'd like to pull them aside"? That is,
the cell has 12.34 in it and its format is #,###.00 "kg"... what do want to
"pull aside" from that?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"gilliam" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that contains both numbers and texts. The cells have
units of measurement attached to them, however, they're included in the
cell
format.

For example, the cell has 2.0 kg. The format for the cell is custom and
reads #,##0.00 "kg". My worksheet has all sorts of units and I'd like to
pull them aside so that I can convert them. How can I do this if it's
included in the format?

Each unit has it's own cell format - so there's
#,##0.00 "g"
and others. This spreadsheet was imported from another system.

I cannot do text to columns as it's a format, not officially text. Any
ideas?

I can't