Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom[_2_] Peo Sjoblom[_2_] is offline

Default Time Calculations

For 24 hours and above you would need the date as well then use custom
format

[h]:mm

Peo Sjoblom

"Mark" wrote in message
thanks for the info Roger, however i have arrived at another problem
whe

6:00 AM - 6:00 AM = 00:00:00

Even if i put a date to it the result is the same. How can i get this to
recognize or bring me back a result of 24 hrs?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,
--
Mark

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Mark

It should be B1-A1, but in order to cope with times crossing the 24 hour
barrier, use
=MOD(B1-A1,1)

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Mark" wrote in message
I have an instance where we are using excel to calculate work times
however
on some calculations an error appears. I am told that excel does not
calcuate
or recognize negative time differences. The formula that I am
currently
using is A1-B1. Is there any way to over come this?

Time In Time Out Hours Worked
6:00 AM 6:30 PM ####
6:30 PM 6:00 AM 12:30

Thanks in advance for your help.