Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom[_2_] Peo Sjoblom[_2_] is offline

Default one row won't calculate

Text numbers? Format an empty cell as general, copy it
select the cells with green triangles and do editpaste special and select
add.

Peo Sjoblom

"Rick" wrote in message
unfortunately it didn't work.
I dont' know if this helps, but the gradebook has several blank rows that
appear (to me anyway) to have the green triangles in them that they
already
have the formulas

"Joel" wrote:

Rick: Inserting Rows will not copy the formula. The best way of adding
row
is as follows:

1) Insert Row like you normally would do by highlighting row and then
Insert.
2) Copy a row with formulas then go to PasteSpecial and Select formulas.

A 2nd method is to highlight a Row with formulas and Copy. Then right
click
on the highlighted row and select Insert Copied Cells.

"Rick" wrote:

Thanks to all of you for the quick posts. I forgot to mention I am
using 2003
I admittedly know nothing about excel. I just downloaded the gradebook
and
it worked great. So I'm not sure how to send you the formulas you
asked
about.
The data i enter is in points. you add an assignment and give it the
points
you can get. The spreadsheet converts it to the percentage and a
letter
grade. I think I may have entered the grade points at the beginning
(0-60 is
an F for example)
It has worked great, both entering grades and changing them.
It's this one student for which it doesn't calculate.
I downloaded it from:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT101445101033

Thanks!!!

"Joel" wrote:

Why wouldn't people download files from a trusted microsoft
webpage????

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Well since many of the regulars probably won't go to MS download
site and
download this
file maybe you can explain what formulas (I assume it is a lookup
formula)
you are using and what does not work?
First thing I would check is if the new student's numbers are in
fact text.

Peo Sjoblom

"Rick" wrote in message
I use a grade book which I downloaded from the Microsoft site. It
works
great, except when I had to add a new student. The grades do not
calculate
like in the other rows of students. I tried changing the grades
of the
other students to make sure it is calculating correctly, and it
does. It
is
only for this new student. I also tried entering the grade
directly in
the
row, and then into the formula bar, all to no avail.
Any ideas?