Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rick Rick is offline

Default one row won't calculate

HEY!!
I just tried the first suggestion again, and it worked!! Now I can get my
midsemester grades submitted.
My students probably don't thank you but I do!!

"Joel" wrote:

Rick: Inserting Rows will not copy the formula. The best way of adding row
is as follows:

1) Insert Row like you normally would do by highlighting row and then Insert.
2) Copy a row with formulas then go to PasteSpecial and Select formulas.

A 2nd method is to highlight a Row with formulas and Copy. Then right click
on the highlighted row and select Insert Copied Cells.

"Rick" wrote:

Thanks to all of you for the quick posts. I forgot to mention I am using 2003
I admittedly know nothing about excel. I just downloaded the gradebook and
it worked great. So I'm not sure how to send you the formulas you asked
about.
The data i enter is in points. you add an assignment and give it the points
you can get. The spreadsheet converts it to the percentage and a letter
grade. I think I may have entered the grade points at the beginning (0-60 is
an F for example)
It has worked great, both entering grades and changing them.
It's this one student for which it doesn't calculate.
I downloaded it from:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT101445101033

Thanks!!!

"Joel" wrote:

Why wouldn't people download files from a trusted microsoft webpage????

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Well since many of the regulars probably won't go to MS download site and
download this
file maybe you can explain what formulas (I assume it is a lookup formula)
you are using and what does not work?
First thing I would check is if the new student's numbers are in fact text.

Peo Sjoblom

"Rick" wrote in message
I use a grade book which I downloaded from the Microsoft site. It works
great, except when I had to add a new student. The grades do not
calculate
like in the other rows of students. I tried changing the grades of the
other students to make sure it is calculating correctly, and it does. It
is
only for this new student. I also tried entering the grade directly in
the
row, and then into the formula bar, all to no avail.
Any ideas?