Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Daniel.C Daniel.C is offline

Default Shortcuts on desktop changed to Lnk file

When you right click on the icon, click on "properties" and look at the
"shortcut" tab, you should see in "target" the name and path of the program
which is opened.
--
Regards.
Daniel
"Don" a écrit dans le message de news:
ok for example I had a shortcut on the desktop to a program I use, that
programs' Icon is gone and replaced by and excel lnk file when you click
on
it it takes you to a excel page with what looks like ascii letters and
numbers it does not go to the progam the same with the shortcuts in the
start
menu and programs

"Daniel.C" wrote:

That's because ".lnk" files are shortcut files.
--
Regards.
Daniel
"Don" a écrit dans le message de news:
Help, whenever I try to makea shortcut to desk top of anything it ends
up
LNK file, all all shortcuts in Startup menu are LNK files, even if a
program
wants to put a shortcut on desktop it ends up a lnk file also on
startup
excel will open up a lnk file