Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Earl Kiosterud Earl Kiosterud is offline

Default Cursor has permanently changed to fat white plus sign and...

Norman,

You don't say which version of excel, and I don't know to what extent it's changed with
2007, but try the "usual fixes" in "EXCEL ACTS GENERALLY GOOFY" at
http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/vfaq.htm, particularly the /unregserver and /regserver part.
None of these will hurt, and often fix these problems.

--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"Norman Levinson" wrote in message
...and if I bold out even one cell since this cursor changed from an arrow to
a fat white plus sign occurred and then save the worksheet it will hang that
worksheet and all open Excel worksheets, forcing me to close them through
Task Manager. How do I reset the cursor back to an arrow and what is going on
with Excel?

Thank you very much in advance.