Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default sum difference

Possibly 21.26 is really 21.2643220... and 6.80 is 6.803452

So, when you add those together, it rounds up.

"Kaye" wrote:

When I am working in Excel I frequently have noticed simple addition math
functions not calculating correctly -- as simple as $21.26 + $ $6.80
summing up to $28.07 instead of correctly $28.06. I have checked cell
formatting on the cells affected and do not see any formatting issues that
would explain this. Has any one else ever noticed this? It's minor, but I
would like to resolve the issue if any one else has had this happen and can
offer some insight.
--
Thanks for your time.
Kaye