Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JHusker JHusker is offline

Default Macro to If Statement

This is what I want to do:
if the value of the cell=0, then I want the whole row to be hidden......is
this possible?

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

You can't (reliably) run a macro from a worksheet cell. A cell can
call upon a function written in VBA, but that function cannot change
any part of the Excel environment, such as changing the value of
another cell. A function called from a worksheet cell (directly or
indirectly) can only return a value to the cell from which it was
called.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email is on the web site)
USA Central Daylight Time (-5:00 GMT)

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 13:38:08 -0700, JHusker
wrote:

I want to assign a macro to an if statement. After I've recorded the macro,
how do I assign it to the "=if" formula?

Thanks in advance for the help!

~Joe