Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Line Chart with multiple series that have different date ranges

If you don't need a line chart for the nice date axis configuration, use an
XY chart.

If you like the nice date axis, create a line chart with the first series.
Copy the X & Y data for the second, select the chart, use Paste Special to
add the data as a new series. Right click on the added series, choose Chart
Type, and change it to an XY chart type. Then double click on it and choose
Primary Axis on the Axis tab. Repeat the process for all additional series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Rach7110" wrote in message
I am creating a line chart that has several data series. The problem is
that
the data is associated with dates but not all series have the same start
and
endd date.
Example: I want to compare the average monthly wind speeds at different
airports and plot them them on one chart. But I have date from July,
2001 -
July 2008 for airport 1; Sept 2000 - May 2008 for airport 2 and so on....
want to show the earliest date to the latest date on the x-axis with the
lines starting and ending were approriate. But Excel will only use one of
my
data time ranges for all the series.