Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I Bob I is offline

Default My excel spread sheet has numbers down left side and across to

No idea what you mean by "Is cell 16 thsame as 61 and how do we know its
not just a "16"? " as it doesn't make any sense. You have Rows and
Columns and a cells designation is the intersection. Whether you wish
refer to a cell as B2 or R2C2 is immaterial, you may elect to do it
either way.

SwatMan wrote:

Thanks Bob
That worked, Do you know why this would even be an option? How can you
reference a cell if numbers are on each axis? Is cell 16 thsame as 61 and
how do we know its not just a "16"? Does anybody actually use this R1C1
feature, and if so why? Also why would it randomly be the default when I
open a new file?

Thanks for any clarification you can shed,

Swat

"Bob I" wrote:

Office Button, Excel Options, Formulas.

SwatMan wrote:

How do you accomplish this in Office 2007?

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Tools/Options/General, uncheck the R1C1 reference style checkbox

In article ,
dave wrote:

My spread sheet has numbers down th eleft side and numbers along the
top.......shouldn't it be letters across the top?? please help me.

Dave