Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Getting the Sum from months

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand but try this

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A20=123)*(MONTH(B2:B20=1)*(C2:C20) ))

This will sum Column C if the part number is 123 and the month is 1 (Jan)

In practice I'd use cell references and have the part number and month in a
cell.

Mike

"noreaster" wrote:

I have 3 columns A-part numbers, B-Date (year, month, date) and C-quantity.
What I'm trying to figure out is how to get a Qty for Part for a month for
each month and do the same for each part. The sum would go to a cell.
ie
Part Date Qty
123 08 10/10 15
124 08 10/10 10
123 08 10/11 20

Some parts may repeatd in the same month. I have figured out how to get the
total quantity but trying to break in it down in months has me somewhat
stumped.

TIA