Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Desper84AnAnswer Desper84AnAnswer is offline

Default Calculating a total with 3 different criterias

Hi Fred

I've tried the formula as advised, but its populating an answer of "0".
It should be "35". (I manually counted it using the filter option) lol!

Is there any other option you can think of?
Am I able to send you a copy of the excel sheet that I'm working on?

Regards
Michaela

"Fred Smith" wrote:

You're telling Countifs to count those cells which contain only a $ sign. If
there's anything else in the cell, it won't be counted. You need to use
wildcards, as in:

=COUNTIFS(B:B,"AS2",D:D,"MCT",E:E,"*$*")

Regards,
Fred

"Desper84AnAnswer" wrote in
message ...
Formula: =COUNTIFS(B:B,"AS2",D:D,"MCT")

In column E (Total amount) - I have dollar values. I want to count all
the
cells in this column that has a "$" sign. Or... I want the formula to
subtract any blank cells in this column so that it gives me a total
number.
I've tried to use: =COUNTIFS(B:B,"AS2",D:D,"MCT",E:E,"$") - RESULT: "0"
(Which is incorrect)