Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Do macros in Excel increase file size?

If you save a copy of the workbook without the macros, you can compare the sizes
and see if that difference is great.

Rob Bovey has a utility called codecleaner that exports the code modules and
reimports them. This will reduce the size of the file--until the code is
recompiled. So if you save without recompiling (or running) the code, then
you'll see a reduction.

You can find it he
http://www.appspro.com/
or directly
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm

Personally, I've found that the biggest thing I can do is make sure that excel's
last used cell (of each worksheet) isn't too far from where I want it to be.

You can find some techniques at Debra Dalgleish's site for resetting the last
used cell:

lenoxjoe wrote:

I have an Excel file with multiple (220+)macros in it. Does this greatly
increase the overall size of the file?

If so, is there a way to reduce the file size (by manipulating the macros -
similar to compressing images)?

--

Dave Peterson