Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John C[_2_] John C[_2_] is offline

Default Protected Sheet TAB issue

A 'sneaky' way to do what you want, and this is assuming that you have a
large worksheet, is to do as follows:

1 Select what 'tab' points you want to have, these cells should be blank
and have no bearing on any calculations, etc (white space).
2 Unlock these cells.
3 Add data validation to these cells, with Validation Criteria Allow: Text
Length, Data: Less than, Maximum: 1
4 Re-protect the sheet.

NOTE: Yes, DV is still limited by people being able to copy from somewhere,
and paste into a DV cell no matter the DV, it is why it is important that
these cells not be relevant to any calculations.
--
John C

"Dispatcher Scott" wrote:

Is there a way when I protect a sheet to allow the TAB key to work so that I
can tab through cells?
--
You want it done by when? *laughs*