Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheeloo[_2_] Sheeloo[_2_] is offline

Default Selecting Last Record

I am not clear about the requirement...

The formula I had given will give the no of times same value of A & D
together occur in the data against the first occurrence, one less against
the next and 1 against the last.
If there are only two records with the same combination then first will show
2 and second 1...

If you have date in B and time in C then the following will give the same
result for the combination of A,B,C & D
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:$A$40000=A1),--(B1:$B$40000=B1),--(C1:$C$40000=C1),--(D1:$D$40000=D1))

Following will give you the count of values in A against each value
=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$40000=A1)

You may combine these (and IF statements) to get what you want...

Let me know if you know help. You can mail the file to me if you want.

"NWO" wrote:

Thnakyou again.

Formula generates 1s and 2s only and dosn't appear to distinghish between
the two. Ideally, if there are, say, 10 records with the same receipt
number, and two of these records have the same date (say the most recent
date), same time, but 2 different action codes, then I would llike to see,
say, 1,1,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2. Does this make sense?

Mark :)

Mark :)