msiegert

Thanks to you, Gord, for your help - I was curious to see if it might be
integration with another program that might be causing the conflict and sure
enough, we are running a program called Hummingbird DM that was in the
c:\program files\microsoft office\office11\xlstaret\ folder called
DMEXEL02.XLA. This was the culprit. Thanks again for your assistance and
knowledge!!!! You're awesome! :)

Mariann

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Are using using Groupwise?

If that's the problem. See this MSKB article

Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions.

It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove
the Groupwise add-in that is responsible for this behavior.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:28:03 -0700, "msiegert"
wrote:

Excel 2003 - the "X" to exit the application option is greyed out...you must
use "file / exit" to exit the program. How does this get turned off and how
do you turn it back on?

Thanks in advance for your advice!