Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sleddude sleddude is offline

Default Excel worksheet lookup

I am in sales and need to make a worksheet for quoting pricing at shows. We
have 5 main categories of product, about 2-6 specific products in each
category, then a list of accessories for each product. In some cases
accessories are required, in others they are optional. many of the
accessories apply to multiple product.

What I would like to do is develop a spreadsheet with dropdown lists or
prompts that would start with a choice of category, then list only the
products in that category, then just the required accessories, than the
optional accessories. (each one of these options would have multiple columns
of info such as part number, description, and retail cost.) The spreadsheet
would then show a quote of only the items included in the price quote.

I don't know where to begin, if anyone has any input on which functions will
do what I need, let me know and I will start studying up. I am a salesman,
not a programmer.

Thanks,