Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom[_2_] Peo Sjoblom[_2_] is offline

Default Rounding whole numbers

Your numbers are text. Copy an empty cell, select the "numbers" and do
editpaste special and select add
then try the custom format

Peo Sjoblom

"Bob" wrote in message
Bob Thanks for the suggestion but it does not work for me.

I am using Excel 2007.

I go the worksheet and highlight all the cells that I wish to change.

On the Home memu I find Cells and click on format cells

On the number tac under custom I have inserted #,### and have cliked the
OK,

But the number does not change!

Suggestions?
--
Bob G.

"Bob" wrote:

I have an existing excel worksheet with several numbers, subtotals, etc
that
are all stated in whole numbers such as $1,245,789.

I would like to state all the cells in 1,000's.

For example, the number in my example above would become $1,245.

What is the easy way to do this?
--
Bob G.