Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bobt Bobt is offline

Default Rounding whole numbers

If you simply want it to display the values in thousands (not actually round
the underlying values):

1. Select all the values you want to format.
2. From the FORMAT menu, choose CELLS.
3. On the NUMBER tab, choose CUSTOM in the Category list.
4. In the TYPE box, enter #,### (or 0,000)
5. Click on the OK button.

Now all the cells will display as thousands, but keep their true values:

A1 = 1,234,567

Cell A1 will display 1,234 but still keeps its full value.

"Bob" wrote:

I have an existing excel worksheet with several numbers, subtotals, etc that
are all stated in whole numbers such as $1,245,789.

I would like to state all the cells in 1,000's.

For example, the number in my example above would become $1,245.

What is the easy way to do this?
--
Bob G.