Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default SUMIF and list of possible critieria

List your criteria in the range H1:H3, then:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1:A10,H1:H3,0))))

Which is the equivalent of:

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,H1)+COUNTIF(A1:A10,H2)+COUNTIF(A1: A10,H3)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"blswes" wrote in message
How do I create a list that I can then use for SUMIF and COUNTIF formulas?

Instead of adding 10 different SUMIF formulas, I'm hoping to just
reference
a list (with those 10 criteria) where only one of the list criteria has to
be
satisfied.

For example, if I want to count things from MA or NY or CT, I could do
three
separate COUNTIF formulas. But I'm hoping to somehow create a list (MA,
NY,
CT) that I can then refer to in just one COUNTIF formula.

How do I do that?