Frank Kabel

Hi
only for your last question:
excel.programming

Though most regulars also read this .misc NG anyway

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Joseph Geretz wrote:
Our application uses Excel as a server via the Excel COM interface
(automation). However, I'm finding that when the user opens other
Excel documents, these documents all share the same Excel window. If
the user then hits X to exit their document (this is the normal user
approach) this shuts down Excel altogether and my server is gone!

Also, our application streamlines the Excel window by removing all
toolbars. I'm finding that now when the user opens their own
documents, their favorite toolbars are gone. Again, it's the same
basic issue. How do I isolate our own Excel server from other
instances of Excel in the user's environment?
Thanks for your help!

- Joe Geretz -

P.S. How come there's no excel.vba group like there is for Word?