Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Sum Function that does not include 0

Hi,

If you getting #Div/0! then are there any numbers in the range and are they
really numbers and not just text that looks like numbers.

Mike

"Txlonghorn76" wrote:

formula using the crl+shift+ enter, I get #DIV/0!

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

From your data and using the standard
=AVERAGE(B2:K2)
I get 2.2

A formula that ignores zero
=AVERAGE(IF(B2:K20,B2:K2))
returns 4.4

so maybe you want
=INT(AVERAGE(IF(B2:K20,B2:K2)))

the average(if is an array formula and must ben entered using
CTRL+Shift+Enter and not just enter. If you do it correctly Excel will put
curly brackets around it{}. you can't type these yourself.

Mike

"Txlonghorn76" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that has dates on the rows and daily counts for
coworkers in the columns. These numbers are pulled by Hlookup formulas in the
cells that pull from another worksheet. I want to have a running
month-to-date average without including the days that haven't it average the
days that haven't occurred. The current formula I'm using =SUM(B2:K2) gives
me and output of 2 but I'm looking for an output of 4.

01-Oct 02-Oct 03-Oct 04-Oct 05-Oct 06-Oct 07-Oct 08-Oct 09-Oct
10-Oct
Calls 1 7 6 0 3 5 0 0 0 0