Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default Need Help in Simple Lookup Function

Please see the 2nd part of my post. the first would return false if there is
no error. Thus, use the vlookup in the false section of your IF statement.

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

It's a formula error. The correct formula is:

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($E$2,L:O,4,FALSE)), "Not Available")

Although presumably you want to return the value from VLOOKUP if it's not an
error, so..

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($E$2,L:O,4,FALSE)), "Not
Available",VLOOKUP($E$2,L:O,4,FALSE))

"Raz" wrote:

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP($E$2,L:O,4,FALSE), "Not Avialable")

hi,
I am using this (above) equation, to do lookups from 5 columns. the lookup
thing is working
but when there is nothing in the cell (that the function looking up) it
returns 0
instead of "Not Available" (as in the equation).

i want the function to show "Not available" when the cell is blank, or there
is an error.
thanks in advance