Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Show only workdays in chart axis?

Hi,

You need to change the chart type to Line rather than xy-scatter in order to
swap between Category and Time series axis.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Dan" wrote in message
I should add I have tried right-clicking on the chart - chart options -
axes - and trying to select the Category radio button but it is grayed
out,
possibly because I am using a named field as the data source?

"Dan" wrote:

Hi,

I have created a dynamic named-range that I use as the data source for my
scatter plot chart's x-axis. I only type in dates that are workdays in
that
range.

When I graph my data the chart is still showing the weekends, just with
no
data points in there. It is stretching my graph out and skewing the look.

Is there a way to set the graph to only show weekdays and just skip the
weekends?

Thanks!
-Dan