Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Larry Larry is offline

Default Auto Sum

Recently updated to Office 2007 and when using a large spreadsheet (.xls)
that we developed in the 97-2003 version of Excel we are experiencing
problems with the auto sum function. When initially entering data into a
column the auto sum cell totals correctly, but when deleting or modifying one
or more of the entries in the column, the auto sum cell freezes on the last
value until you left click on the cell. The calculation option is set to
"Automatic". The other strange behaviour is that cells that use the result of
the auto sum cells automatically update to the correct value, even though the
auto sum cell reads the "old" value.
--
Appreciate any ideas!
Larry