Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Herb Herb is offline

Default Conditional Sum

Thank you both so much for your help on this! I knew it was something simple
but I just couldn't get it.

Thanks again!

"Herb" wrote:

Hello,

Can someone please help with this formula.

I have a worksheet called Template and another called Tenure 9.14.08 and the
tab on that spreadsheet is called "Previous Week."

On my Template spreadsheet I am trying to set up a formula that will look in
Column A for an X in the Tenure 9.14.08 spreadsheet. And if it sees and X it
will give me a sum of Column C of all of the rows that have an X.

For instance:

A B C
X Mary 12
George 2
X Bob 24
X Henry 8

I would like the formula to look at Column A and if there is an X add the
data that is in column C. So my result would be 44. Hopefully this makes
sense.

I have tried =SUMPRODUCT(('[Lux Tenure 9.14.08.xls]Previous
Week'!$A:$A="x"),'[Lux Tenure 9.14.08.xls]Previous Week'!$C:$C))

But it is oh so very, very wrong.

Thanks for your help in advance!