Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Needs to Transpose Large List

Tested with a gaggle of adresses from the site pasted to Column A

After running, delete Column A

Public Sub TransposePersonalData()
'ken johnson July 29, 2006
'transpose uneven sets of data........must have a blank row between
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim rngData As Range
Dim iLastRow As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim iDataColumn As Integer
iDataColumn = Selection.Column
iLastRow = Cells(Application.Rows.Count, iDataColumn).End(xlUp).Row
i = Selection.Row - 1
Do While ActiveCell.Row < iLastRow
i = i + 1
Set rngData = Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.End(xlDown))
rngData.Copy
Cells(i, iDataColumn + 1).PasteSpecial Transpose:=True
rngData.Cells(rngData.Cells.Count + 2, 1).Activate
Loop
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 08:38:44 -0700, The Patriot
wrote:

Hey, I'm trying to put all the names (along with their address, university,
etc) located at http://www.asc41.com/director/frame.htm into an excel
spreadsheet where I have one name (and all the rest of the information) in
one row. Is there an easy way to do this rather and just copy and pasting and
then transposing each individual name into the spreadsheet?

Thanks,
-Nick