Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default IF AND ISTEXT ISBLANK formula

the formula is entered as you were expecting. Not sure which error you're
getting. Try clicking on the fx vutton to see where you may be getting your
error...

"SCrowley" wrote:

I have two columns EA and EB, if EA istext and EB istext then EB, AND if EA
isblank and EB istext then EB, AND if EA istext and EB isblank then EA. I
wrote the formula below but it isn't returning values as I thought I had
written it. Your help is greatly appreciated.

=IF(AND(ISTEXT(EA6),ISTEXT(EB6)),EB6,IF(AND(ISBLAN K(EA6),ISTEXT(EB6)),EB6,IF(AND(ISTEXT(EA6),ISBLANK (EB6)),EA6,)))
--
Thank you,

scrowley(AT)littleonline.com